If you’ve heard horror stories from family or friends who’ve had bad experiences with roofing companies in Miami, it’s understandable that you’re worried about finding a trustworthy contractor to make repairs or replace the roof on your home. To help you weed out the bad ones and find the best, here’s what to look for when you’re vetting roofers.
Good Business Practices
Two warning signs of a fly-by-night roofing outfit are the lack of a local address and no history in the area, so be sure to verify both a physical address and a company’s length of time in business. Reliable roofers also engage in good business practices, so they have:
- A current license from the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. As part of the license application, a roofer has to document four years of experience and provide an up-to-date financial statement and credit report. For peace of mind, you should check the roofer’s license status.
- Workers’ compensation and liability insurance coverage to protect their customers in case of accidental injuries and property damage on the job site. When you ask, responsible roofers will give you copies of their insurance certificates without hesitation.
Ask each roofer for the names of previous customers you can contact, then call each one and ask about their satisfaction with the work done, whether it was completed on time and on budget, and if they’d hire the company again. Since it’s easy for a roofer to cherry pick references, you also need to do some additional checks on their reputation. Dependable roofers should have Better Business Bureau (BBB) accreditation and an A+ rating, and positive reviews online with relevant sites like Angie’s List and TrustLink.
Certification from Material Manufacturers
Certification from material manufacturers like GAF involves a rigorous qualification process, so it’s good way to judge a roofer’s experience and skill. It also tells you that a roofing company is financially stable and treats their customers right, because GAF only certifies roofers who meet strict criteria that includes:
- At least seven years of business history
- Proper insurance coverage
- Good credit rating and no banking overdrafts, unpaid suppliers, judgments or liens
- Good standing with the BBB and 99% positive customer satisfaction rating on GAF surveys
- A proven history of quality workmanship
When you’re comparing roofing companies in Miami, contact us at A-1 Property Services to learn more about our credentials, reputation and certifications.
[fusion_button link=”https://www.a1propertyservices.net/contact-us” text_transform=”” title=”” target=”_blank” link_attributes=”” alignment=”left” modal=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” color=”default” button_gradient_top_color=”” button_gradient_bottom_color=”” button_gradient_top_color_hover=”” button_gradient_bottom_color_hover=”” accent_color=”” accent_hover_color=”” type=”” bevel_color=”” border_width=”” size=”” stretch=”default” shape=”” icon=”” icon_position=”left” icon_divider=”no” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=””]Contact Us Today[/fusion_button]