Having a new roof installed is a major project, but if you plan ahead and make wise choices, it doesn’t have to be a stressful experience. Here are some helpful suggestions on what you can do to enjoy a smooth, worry-free roof replacement at your Miami home.
Hire the Right Roofer
The skill and reliability of the contractor you hire directly affect how your installation turns out, and your roof’s long-term performance. To find the best roofer, check for proper licensing, workers’ compensation and liability insurance coverage, and an A+ Better Business Bureau rating. Certifications from industry-leading manufacturers are another key indicator of a roofing contractor’s expertise and dependability, because of their rigorous qualification standards.
Choose the Best Material
On your installation day, you don’t want to second guess whether your chosen material will look great and bring you other benefits like wind resistance, energy efficiency, and a long service life. To avoid this, get your roofer’s advice in advance on high-quality material options that match your budget, home style, and roof’s structural design.
Make Sure Your Home is Prepared and Protected
A roof replacement can be a noisy, messy process, especially if it involves tearing off older material. A conscientious contractor should take measures to protect your home’s landscaping and exterior, and thoroughly clean up after the installation, but you’ll have a smoother project if you:
- Park your vehicles out of the way, and keep the driveway clear.
- Move outdoor items like the grill, porch/patio furniture, planters and ornaments out of harm’s way.
- Protect your furnishings and belongings from breakage by taking down unsecured light fixture shades, mirrors, pictures and any fragile items that might fall from open shelving.
- Make sure your home’s windows are tightly closed to help keep out dust.
- If there are tall trees with limbs that overhang the roof, get them trimmed back.
- If you have pets, board them or leave them with family or friends.
Consider Your Warranty Options
The basic warranty on most roofing products doesn’t cover the entire roof system or installation workmanship issues. Extended warranties like GAF’s Golden Pledge can give you 50-year material and 20-year workmanship coverage, so ask your roofer about the warranties they can offer as a manufacturer-certified installer.
At A1 Property Services, we strive to provide a smooth, stress-free re-roofing experience for every homeowner we work with. Contact us today for expert roof replacement services in Miami.