When it comes to the roof of a commercial property in Miami, FL, there are several different roofing materials that you may want to consider. However, it’s important that you keep in mind the Miami-area climate. You’ll want a roof that can withstand the heat and humidity of a South Florida summer, not to mention the heavy rain and winds of the yearly hurricane season. Keeping this in mind, two options to consider include metal roofs and shingle roofs.
The following are a few of the benefits of a shingle roof:
- Low cost – The cost of a shingle roof is low compared to other materials, which also means shingle replacement is low as well. Additionally, repair costs also tend to be low.
- Easy to install – Shingles are easy to install as well as to replace since they can be removed one at a time. This helps keep costs down.
- Visual flexibility – There are thousands of color options to choose from, and shingles come in a variety of different styles, from architectural shingles to laminated shingles and more.
The following are some of the main advantages to choosing metal roofing:
- Durability – Metal roofing is resistant to fire, strong winds, heavy rain, and high heat, which means it’s less likely to experience damage during harsh weather.
- Environmentally-friendly – Metal roofing is often made out of recycled materials and can be fully recycled at the end of its lifespan when it’s removed from your building.
- Energy efficiency – Metal roofing will help reflect the sun’s heat. This means your property won’t absorb as much heat during the summers, thereby allowing your AC system to save energy, which lowers your cooling bills as a result.
- Aesthetic flexibility – Metal roofing can come in pretty much any color you wish, which means you’ll have no trouble matching the look of your property.
- Long lifespan – Metal roofs last a long time due to their durability; in some cases, up to 50 years.
Shingle roofing is the more traditional option and it isn’t without its advantages. However, it’s important to realize that even though metal roofing may be more expensive initially, it tends to last much longer, therefore making it the more economical option in the long run. For more information about installing a metal roof on your commercial property in Miami, FL, contact us at A-1 Property Services today.
Metal roofing costs more to install than a shingle roof, nobody can deny that. So why invest in a premium-grade, metal roof for your Miami home, when a fiberglass-asphalt shingle may cost only one-third the price?
The Superior Metal Roof
A well-installed metal roof will last 50 years, with almost no maintenance. A fiberglass-asphalt shingle roof may last 20 years, if you are lucky, and can spend additional money on maintenance.
If you plan on staying in your Miami home for decades to come, a metal roof is a far less expensive investment than two or possibly three shingle roofs.
A metal roof is more than bare metal. Its baked-on finish and protective coatings provide not years, but decades, of reliable service.
If your Miami home has a shingle roof and you can safely peek inside your gutters, you will see shingle granules that have washed off your roof in the last heavy rain. In a few years, a substantial portion of your water-resistant granules will be gone.
A metal roof is tough, sure, but it wears beautifully. Colors seldom fade and since it reflects heat it does not absorb substantial amounts of damaging thermal energy.
Today’s modern metal roofing is specifically designed with residential homeowners in mind. Sure, you can still get gunmetal grey, but you can also get designer colors that complement your home’s trim or siding.
In Florida, Spanish tile is a dominant theme. DECRA metal roofing offers eight color choices in metal tiles. No matter the manufacturer or look of the metal roof, you will be surprised by the many color options available.
Metal roofing is the “set it and forget it” roof since it requires such minimal maintenance. When installed properly, by true roofing professionals, metal roofing will need only an occasional cleaning for dirt and debris, and perhaps an inspection of mechanical fasteners and flashing every three to five years.
Compare that to your typical shingle roof. Because of piecemeal installation, a shingle roof has more weak spots. A shingle roof should get at least an annual inspection, plus a careful cleaning every few years.
Viewed from any angle — investment, peace of mind, environmental impact, durability — a metal roof is the most economically beneficial material for most Miami homeowners. Contact A1 Property Services, Inc. today to learn what a metal roof can do for your home.
[fusion_button link=”https://www.a1propertyservices.net/contact-us” text_transform=”” title=”” target=”_blank” link_attributes=”” alignment=”left” modal=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” color=”default” button_gradient_top_color=”” button_gradient_bottom_color=”” button_gradient_top_color_hover=”” button_gradient_bottom_color_hover=”” accent_color=”” accent_hover_color=”” type=”” bevel_color=”” border_width=”” size=”” stretch=”default” shape=”” icon=”” icon_position=”left” icon_divider=”no” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=””]Contact Us Today[/fusion_button]