Your roof sits up high where it’s exposed and vulnerable to our volatile Miami weather, so you can expect that wear and aging are inevitable. If you’re not keeping your roof well cared for, minor issues are bound to develop and escalate into major problems that require costly repairs or shorten its useful lifespan.
The easiest way to keep ahead of any problems is to have your roof inspected regularly. For your peace of mind, it’s essential that your roof receives a comprehensive checkup, so be sure to look for skilled and experienced Miami roof inspectors and ask if their service covers the following:
An Interior Evaluation
A knowledgeable inspector should examine your home’s ceilings for any obvious signs of water damage, and then go up into the attic to check for:
- Water drips or signs of old or new stains on the underside of the roof decking.
- Wet insulation or evidence of mold growth that points to excessive condensation or a roof leak.
- Ample ventilation to help protect the roof’s structural components from deterioration.
An Exterior Assessment
An experienced pro should also evaluate the condition of your roof by walking the perimeter of your home, then getting up on the roof to look for:
- Broken, cracked or missing shingles or tiles.
- Large amounts of granules from your roof shingles on the ground or in the gutters.
- Bare patches of substrate on your shingle roof.
- Missing fasteners, loose panels or developing rust on your metal roof.
- Damaged or missing flashing in the valleys and around the side walls, eaves, chimney, vent stacks and any skylights and dormers.
- Loose or leaking gutters and deteriorated fascia boards.
- Damaged or blocked roof vents.
- Sagging or bowing of the roof deck.
- Damaged and/or exposed underlayment or water barrier.
A Detailed Inspection Report
After interior and exterior assessments are done, your roof inspector should provide you with a report that details the overall condition of your roof and includes the following:
- The type of roofing material, its age and how long you can expect it to last before it needs replacement.
- Information about any leaks that were found.
- A photo and written description of the visible roof damage.
- An estimate and recommended time frame for completing any necessary repairs.
If you’re concerned about the condition of your home’s roof, and you’re seeking reliable, experienced Miami roof inspectors, contact us today at A-1 Property Services.
[fusion_button link=”https://www.a1propertyservices.net/contact-us” text_transform=”” title=”” target=”_blank” link_attributes=”” alignment=”left” modal=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” color=”default” button_gradient_top_color=”” button_gradient_bottom_color=”” button_gradient_top_color_hover=”” button_gradient_bottom_color_hover=”” accent_color=”” accent_hover_color=”” type=”” bevel_color=”” border_width=”” size=”” stretch=”default” shape=”” icon=”” icon_position=”left” icon_divider=”no” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=””]Contact Us Today[/fusion_button]