Here in Miami, flat roofs like the one protecting your commercial property are exposed to a year-round onslaught of extreme weather that includes blistering heat, harsh infrared and UV radiation, rainfall of over 60 inches, as well as tropical storms and hurricanes. Waterproofing your property’s flat roof can limit the wear and damage it sustains from the elements and help you achieve the maximum return on your roofing investment. Taking a proactive measure like waterproofing offers other perks too, like:
- Cost savings. Waterproofing can extend the useful life of your existing roof and cost up to 50 percent less than a full replacement. Since waterproofing effectively seals the roof to prevent degradation and leaks, it can also reduce your yearly outlay for roof repairs.
- Preserved efficiency. Leaks into the roof system are likely to saturate the insulation and erode its R-value. By keeping water out, you’ll preserve the building’s energy efficiency and avoid higher cooling costs.
- Less inconvenience. A complete roof replacement is time-consuming and messy, and can inconvenience your tenants, customers or employees. In comparison, the waterproofing process for flat roofs is usually faster, cleaner and less disruptive for everyone concerned.
- Peace of mind. Waterproofing products come with manufacturer warranties ranging from 10 to 30 years, depending on the specific product used and the length of coverage you choose.
What’s Involved in Waterproofing Flat Roofs?
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all waterproofing method used for flat roofs, since these are custom-installed systems with unique characteristics. If you’re considering waterproofing, the first key step is having your property’s roof evaluated by a reputable contractor with extensive experience waterproofing flat roofs in our Miami climate. A knowledgeable roofing pro can also advise you on any issues that need to be dealt with beforehand, such as replacing insulation or addressing decking deterioration or drainage problems.
Then, depending on whether your building has built-up (BUR), metal, modified bitumen, embedded gravel or EPDM roofing, your contractor can advise you on the right waterproofing option, which may be:
- Reinforced polyurethane liquid that’s applied cold, and either sprayed or rolled on.
- SBS or APP bitumen sheets that are applied using the torch-down method.
- Rubberized liquid waterproofing that can be sprayed or rolled on cold.
- Single-ply, fully-adhered TPO or PVC membrane sheets.
At A-1 Property Services, we offer a range of effective solutions for waterproofing flat roofs. Contact us today to schedule a roof assessment for your Miami property.
[fusion_button link=”https://www.a1propertyservices.net/contact-us” text_transform=”” title=”” target=”_blank” link_attributes=”” alignment=”left” modal=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” color=”default” button_gradient_top_color=”” button_gradient_bottom_color=”” button_gradient_top_color_hover=”” button_gradient_bottom_color_hover=”” accent_color=”” accent_hover_color=”” type=”” bevel_color=”” border_width=”” size=”” stretch=”default” shape=”” icon=”” icon_position=”left” icon_divider=”no” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=””]Contact Us Today[/fusion_button]